- Single port, wired BEC modem.
- Default user name and password to gain access to the modem: admin
- IP address: 192.168.8.1
- To access modem type in 192.168.8.1 into your browser.
- The following screen pops up. Type in admin for both the username and password. Hit “Log In.”
- To set up the modem username and password for internet access, hit “Quick Start” at the top and then hit “Run Wizard” on the next screen.
- New screen shown below, just hit next.
- DO NOT change the admin account password, simply hit next and ignore creating a new admin password. Shown below
- Time Zone: find Eastern as shown and then hit next.
- For “ISP Connection Type” select PPPoE/PPPoA as shown below.
- Type in the username and password for the account. The other categories (VPI, VCI, Connection Type should all remain defaulted).
- If you get the following screen below, you have probably done it correctly. Hit Next.
- On this screen, hit “Close.”