Trouble Shooting Starts here
Introducing BIT TechTalk!
Email-based troubleshooting and support for your Buggs Island Telephone services.
Simply click the TechTalk button below, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- FULL NAME
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- CONTACT NUMBER
- FULL DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ISSUE
Responses to email requests will be conducted during our normal business hours. If you are unable to wait for a reply or if you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 434-636-2274 during business hours, or at 434-636-4357 after business hours.
Experiencing Slow Speeds? Take a Speed Test
Before beginning the speed test, make sure you turn off or disconnect any other devices connected to the internet. This includes ALL wireless devices connected to your Internet. Speed test results performed on a wireless device are not as accurate as using a laptop or desktop that is connected directly to your modem or router using an ethernet cable.
• When you click the speed test button below, you will be taken to speedtest.net. Wait for the page to fully load, then click on "BEGIN TEST" at the top of the laptop image at the speedtest.net site. (Fig 1)
• The test will take several minutes to complete.
• Once the speed test is complete, your PING, DOWNLOAD and UPLOAD speeds will be displayed. (Fig 2)
• To share your results with a Technician or CSR, please click "SHARE THIS RESULT". From the new options displayed, click WEB, IMAGE or EMBED and copy the text displayed. (Fig 3) Paste this text into an email that you are sending to share your Speed Test results. If you have not spoken to a Technician or CSR yet, you may send your results to email@example.com